Bio-Rifle color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bio-Rifle color

How would I go about changing the color of the ooze, or the ammo inside, of the Bio-Rifle?

You'd need to write a quick weapon that just subclasses XWeapons.BioRifle, XWeapons.BioRiflePickup, etc. then the color is just texture-related, so you'd export the original textures, change the color in
    a photo-editor, and import it to a new package, then change the defaultproperties sections to use the new texture.

Comment

Maybe you can even assign a different texture in code... though I'm not sure if you can actually create a different FinalBlend or Combiner in code. If that is possible, you can distribute one less texture file.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        Maybe you can even assign a different texture in code... though I'm not sure if you can actually create a different FinalBlend or Combiner in code. If that is possible, you can distribute one less texture file.
        Hmm...I've never thought of procedural textures in UT2k4, but you could always try importing an image file to the package on compilation, which would leave you with only the U package and class list.

Comment

people manage to mylevel things like this so you have to atlest do something like that to do that so it is possible...

Comment

how else would the engine know what textures to load for specific messes? id say thats gotta be done somewhere in code.

Comment

You can add in the defaultproperties:
              Code:
              Skins(0)=Texture'Blah.Blah'
              Skins(1)=FinalBlend'Blah.Blah.Blah'
              Skins(2)=Combiner'Blah.Blah.Blah2'
              etc, etc. They will be applied to the material id channel (specified by the 0,1,2 etc.) of the mesh.

Comment

Working...
              X