Replication during a weapon fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replication during a weapon fire

If your playing in a network game and you fire your weapon... what exactly is replicated to the server? At what point does the server take over to determine if you hit or miss a player? I understand the fire process with the trace calculation and the adjust aim and all that... im just confused as to what point the server takes authority.

Think of it more as the Server and Owning Client as running parallel processes. Have you had a chance to take a look at this?

Comment

i have been up one side of that wiki and down the other and NEVER came across that chart. That helps me so much. I had like 3 other questions that just got answered as well. Awesome. Thanks.

How close is that to UT2004? Cause thats what Im working with.

Comment

As far as I know (and have experienced when coding) it is the same for UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by CDtech026 View Post
          i have been up one side of that wiki and down the other and NEVER came across that chart. That helps me so much. I had like 3 other questions that just got answered as well. Awesome. Thanks.

How close is that to UT2004? Cause thats what Im working with.

I'm in the same boat. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT!

Comment

after all my research and reading... and questions... and more reading... i've finally mastered this replication nonsense and was able to get my mod working perfectly. thanks to all who helped. id be glad to answer any questions that might help someone else do the same.

Comment

Working...
            X