Weapon Emitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Mh, the ConcussionRifle-Tutorial I know is a video. You can download it on www.3dbuzz.com for free (you need to register first). The've got lots of useful vids there (unfortunately not all are free).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, what tutorial is that? And i guess your right about the ut3, but i just wantr to change this firemode, thats it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I suggest you steer clear of xEmitters, in that case. They're very different from Emitters. Not much point learning about them with UT3 around the corner.

What exactly do you want to do? Make the projectiles look different?

And just how new are you to modding? Have you followed the Concussion Rifle tutorial, for instance?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new emitter is already made ( emitter) I just want to replace it with the link guns primary fire emitter. And change the impact emitter for the p. fire also. so how do i do the first one, use an xemitter in a mut? Im sorry for asking ll these questions, im new to coding in ued Thanks,

- Outlaw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gugi View Post
    You need to subclass the LinkFire-class and change the FlashEmitterClass-property in the defaultproperties to your custom scripted emitter.
    I think he meant the projectile's appearance, not the muzzle flash.

OutlawMished:
    To change the way the projectile looks... quickest way would be to simply make a mutator that replaces LinkProjEffect with your own xEmitter class.

You can't make xEmitters using UEd's Particle Editor, though. That only does Emitters. If you want to use an Emitter you'll have to make a new gun with a new primary firemode with a new projectile with a new effect (because mutating the firemode or the projectile is problematic), and make a mutator to replace the Link Gun with your version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, you can either do it directly in UEd or code it in notepad and compile it with UCC Make (there should be tutorials on UnrealWiki).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, and i can do all this in unrealED, or notepad also?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok, you need to make subclasses of the LinkGun (so that you can use your fire mode), the LinkGunPickup (so that players get your link gun) and the LinkFire (to change the spawned emitter).
    It could look like that:

This is the main weapon class
    Code:
    class MyFunnyLG extends LinkGun;

defaultproperties
    {
     FireModeClass(0)=class'MyFunnyLGPkg.MyFunnyLGFire' // Primary
     //FireModeClass(1)=class'MyFunnyLGPkg.MyFunnyLGFire2' //this would be secondary
      PickupClass=Class'MyFunnyLGPkg.MyFunnyLGPickup'
    }
    This is the weapon-pickup
    Code:
    class MyFunnyLGPickup extends LinkGunPickup;

defaultproperties
    {
      InventoryType=class'MyFunnyLGPkg.MyFunnyLG '
    }
    This is the fire-class
    Code:
    class MyFunnyLGFire extends LinkFire;

defaultproperties
    {
      FlashEmitterClass=Class'MyFunnyLGPkg.MyFunnyLGFlash'
    }
    This is the hard-coded emitter
    Code:
    class MyFunnyLGFlash extends LinkMuzFlashBeam1st;

defaultproperties
    {
     DrawScale=5.000000
    }
    This emitter is only the standard one but 5 times bigger.
    It is not that easy to code an emitter from scratch. Best is to build an emitter in UnrealED and copy and paste the settings into the script.
    There should be plenty of emitter-examples in the script-source code showing how you can add the desired settings to the script.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, but a little more detail on how to do that exactly would be appreciated Thanks

- Outlaw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You need to subclass the LinkFire-class and change the FlashEmitterClass-property in the defaultproperties to your custom scripted emitter.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Weapon Emitters

Weapon Emitters

How do i change an emitter for a gun? Say i want to change the link guns primary fire emitter, with a custom one. How would i do that? Thanks,

- Outlaw
Working...
X