Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Character Crash Error! Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Character Crash Error! Need Help!

I posted the rig and the in game screen shot showing that the toon loads in game.

I made this character with four legs and tenticales for arms. Every time i die the game would crash. If there are any tip on this matter besides make a normal humanoid biped rig please i'm all ears. I think it has something to do with the extra bones conflicting with the ragdoll physics. I'm not a scripter and wouldn't even know where to start to mod the physics engine.

[ERROR]

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1683 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA Quadro2 Pro (7213)

Assertion failed: inst->KPhysRootIndex != INDEX_NONE && inst->KPhysLastIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:.\KSkeletal.cpp] [Line: 590]

{[This Changes Pends on What Weapon was killed With] }
    History: KInitSkeletonKarma <- KInitActorKarma <- AActor::setPhysics <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RocketProj DM-1on1-Albatross.RocketProj, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::MoveActor <- RocketProj <- AActor:hysProjectile <- AActor:erformPhysics <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Albatross <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

The problem is you are missing the Karma skeleton data for you character. What you should do is create the .ka file by using Kat editor of some other application and then make your Player Record / Species / Pawn use it.

The easiest way around this if you don't want to bother with .ka file for now is to override the PlayDyingAnimation function in your xPawn subclass and make it do nothing or just PlayAnim('YourDyingAnimName').

Comment

Working...
    X