Online error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you for your help, that part was well beyond me so I would not have recognized that. I have recompiled and sent the file to be tested, hopefully with positive results.

DUca

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm not much of a coder either, but these h-l monsters are interesting (h-l fan here) so I looked up the code and (hopefully) found what's causing the error. In HLGrenade you have this code (at the very end of that class):
    Code:
    simulated function Explode(vector HitLocation, vector HitNormal)
    {
    	BlowUp(HitLocation);
    	PlaySound(ExplodeSounds[Rand(3)],,2.5*TransientSoundVolume);
    	if ( EffectIsRelevant(Location,false) )
    	{
    		Spawn(class'NewExplosionB',,, HitLocation, rotator(vect(0,0,1)));
    		Spawn(ExplosionDecal,self,,HitLocation, rotator(-HitNormal));
    	}
    	if( !bDeleteMe )
        	Destroy();
    }
    simulated function Destroyed()
    {
    	if( TRAILER!=None )
    		TRAILER.mRegen = false;
    	if( Level.NetMode==NM_Client )
    		Explode(Location,vect(0,0,1));
    	if( HoldingZombine!=None )
    		HoldingZombine.bHoldingNadeNow = False;
    	Super.Destroyed();
    }
    Just delete what I highlighted and it should work. I don't get why someone would put that code in there, it causes an infinite loop (infinite script recursion seen in the error) between Destroyed() and Explode() functions in netplay.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Online error

Online error

I have tried to put together a Half Life 2 monster pack which was started but never completed. I am not a code writer so I really do not have the expertise to correct anything. Firstly here is a link to the monster pack;

HL2MonstersLite2

In instant action they play fine but when online the grenade throwing pawns crash the server. In this case two separate people hosted the monsters and both received the same errors which crashed their servers, I have copied some of the error code here;

Code:
    UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CombineGrenade DM-Antalus.CombineGrenade (Function Engine.Projectile.HurtRadius:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (CombineGrenade DM-Antalus.CombineGrenade, Function HL2MonstersLite2.HLGrenade.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (CombineGrenade DM-Antalus.CombineGrenade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (CombineGrenade DM-Antalus.CombineGrenade, Function HL2MonstersLite2.HLGrenade.Destroyed)
    This is well beyond my cut and paste style of scripting so I would be grateful if anyone with any patience can look into this.

Duca
Working...
X