Create a custom Gametype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a custom Gametype

I've been trying to find tutorials on that but those I found were either incomplete or badly done.

I'm trying to create my own Gametype (for 2004 of course) Right now I have the gametype showing ingame with the name and descriptions and so.

My gametype will mainly need to work with players location and maps zones (with specific names) in teams.

anyone knows any good tutorials to start?

try starting here

Comment

If you read what I said, this part is the only thing I have done so far. I need to make my gametype actually working...

Comment

woops! sorry then no i don't know any tutorials but maybe look at ut2k4assualt game info and the playerspwnmanager.uc might be somewhere to start

Comment

What I want right now, is as soon as a Player or a Bot enters a specific zone in the map, the zone color changes... I'm not too sure where to put that.

Comment

wot you mean by the zone colour changes? the lighting? the textures in the map? or something else?

Comment

ZoneLight -> AbientBrightness, AbientHue and AmbientSaturation (the ZoneInfo properties). (Dynamic ingame of course)

Comment

sounds more like a mapping issue....

maybe some triggered lighting and some zone triggers

Comment

...hmmm you could cycle throught the playercontroller list and see if any players exist within a zone... i cant remember where but there is a way to detect if there is an actor in a zone. it might be even easier if it was a volume actor that you placed throughout the level manually.

i would put this player position checking within a regularly called function... which i think in game info is modetick? i cant quite remember.

take a look at the invasion game type, that has been the most helpful one for me its got all sorts of nifty functions...

dont know if this helped, good luck though.

Comment

Working...
                  X