Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Setting DefaultAnimation for a Mesh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting DefaultAnimation for a Mesh

I've created a new submarine for my SeaPack, extending the Shortfin sub, and I notice that I can't get my propeller to animate. Does anyone have any insight into what I need to do?

I've used the UDN actorX tutorials to save out my animation, a 60-frame cycle (too much, for just a propeller?), and when importing it into UnrealEd, I can see that it does indeed play just fine. I'm trying to replicate exactly what I see in the Shortfin, however, when I try to set the DefaultAnimation property, it doesn't take. I can't even type something in the field to use.

Ideas?

please elaborate do you just have it in the editor or in game ?

you have any code written and how are you implementing it ??

Comment

I do have the vehicle working in-game, but the situation I'm describing is taking place in the editor. Here's a screenshot.

[shot]http://www.winkyboy.com/temp/seabass_animation_problem.jpg[/shot]

[edit]I'm extending a submarine from the UTNavy[/edit]

Comment

ok i had had a a mess about changing the default animation set of the human male and i managed it ok

all i did was specify the animation set and package and it worked

try

MeshAnimation'wbNavyAnm.SeaBass_Anim'

it doesn't specify the default animation rather the set it uses

Comment

Well I swear I did that exact same thing before and it did nothing, but I did it again and it took. ?!? Maybe I had a typo or something, before...

Regardless, thanks Bananna_manuk --

Comment

Working...
          X