Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Weapon Mod Need Help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Mod Need Help!!!

Greetings All I am new to the forum but from what I see this is a pretty cool place.

My Question:

I want to add a bulletTime effect to the alt fire of a gun. I have a bulletTime adrenaline combo that works pretty good but I can''t seem to link the two. Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Depends on your expertise. Are you familiar with scripting in general, mutators and weapons specifically?

Comment

yes I am familiar with making mutators for weapons and I am pretty good with OOP programming im just kinda new to Unreal Script, but any help you can give me will definitely help me out.

Comment

Do you have trouble locating the right function to override or do you have trouble getting the thing to work?

Comment

I am having trouble finding the right function to override. I believe it is the dofire method but I want the time effect to last for certain amount of time, all the player to fire the primary fire or switch guns or whatever.

Comment

The WeaponFire.DoFireEffect method should do the trick.

Comment

Yeah I saw that in there and I got that to work, now i just need to figure out how to stop it at a specific time. I think using the Tick count should work, but now i just need to be play with it a lil bit, just got to figure out how to manipulate it.

Comment

Good alternatives are to use a Timer:
                Code:
                SomeFunction()
                {
                    // Start the timer.
                    SetTimer(theTime, true);
                }

event Timer
                {
                    // Do stuff.

// Turn the timer off.
                    SetTimer(0, false);
                }
                ... or to look at Level.TimeSeconds in Tick() and act when it reaches a certain value.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I have the gun, slowing down and reseting time now as an alt fire command. Thanks for the help. On to the Next weapon mod.

Comment

One More question, What is the correct syntax to spawn my altfire class in the Main Weapon class. I'm trying to tie up some lose ends with this gun and I can seem to get the correct syntax in there.

Comment

Simply listing it in the defaultproperties like all the other weapons do? Or are you trying to do something else?

Comment

Yeah I know about listing in in the defaultproperties, i was trying to do something a lil different. I wanted to spawn a instance of the currently active alt fire class so that way if the weapon is changed or if the player dies I can reset some specifics effect attributes. I found a work around but i still would like to know how to do it that because it is much more elegant. I posted the gun on the Beta release board. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Comment

I believe I read a post a few months ago that said there are some problems associated with altering firemodes.

Comment

Oh ok cool, well the work around works. I saw your spider tank, it is a pretty cool vehicle. Check out the Gun and give me some feedback on it so I can fix it up better.

Comment

I'll be happy to answer questions on this forum but I am not magical beta test support. I'm sure you'll be able to find others for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X