Random Vehicle Spawner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Vehicle Spawner

I'm in the need of a good mutator that let's you make a list of all the vehicles you want in the game and randomly spawns them on the map.
    I'm not really good at coding but i'm currently trying to make one myself but without luck.
    I'm currently messing around with the teamvehiclefactory code on wiki but I can't seem to make a mutator out of it. The idea is so very simple but it's a hell to code imo.
    If any1 could help me with this I would highly appreciate it .

Well Car Launcher 5 (Google it) isn't exactly what your asking, but its better than nothing.

Comment

I made sort of what you want, but I was never able to get rid of the caching hitch when new vehicles were made... if that is not an issue...

It allows you to change all the basic factories to randomly spawn form a list of vehicles you give it...
      http://www.planetunreal.com/unrealco...orybeta003.zip

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.S View Post
        ...I'm currently messing around with the teamvehiclefactory code on wiki but I can't seem to make a mutator out of it.
        You're welcome.

The TVF will only give you the spawner. It won't give you a playable area that works with vehicles, guaranteed. Vehicle maps are made for vehicles, with RoadPathNodes, vehicle spawn points that take Balance into consideration, well-worked pathing to and from GameObjectives, etc. While the TeamVehicleFactory can spawn random vehicles from a list, it can't decide the best way to set up vehicle pathing in an arbitrary map. (Nor should it. That would be a job for a Mutator, if not a Level Designer.)

A Mutator idea like this would be strictly for non-Botplay.

The closest thing I can think of is the ROOtator, where I had to figure out how to randomly place kangaroo NPCs in a map without having them spawn inside a wall, underwater or in mid air (too high to survive). From code similar to that, you *might* be able to get something that would randomly spawn usable vehicle factories in a map that was made for vehicles, but the Balance of these vehicles would be non-existent. So, players would likely be frustrated that one team got most of the good ones, while the other team got one Manta.

Remember, Mutators are meant to be usable in just about any map or gametype. This idea would not be useable in non-vehicle gametypes, nor in maps that don't have wide enough play areas. Even with human players only.

In my opinion, it's not the best idea for a Mutator, but it sounds like an interesting coding exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperApe View Post
          You're welcome.

The TVF will only give you the spawner. It won't give you a playable area that works with vehicles, guaranteed. Vehicle maps are made for vehicles, with RoadPathNodes, vehicle spawn points that take Balance into consideration, well-worked pathing to and from GameObjectives, etc. While the TeamVehicleFactory can spawn random vehicles from a list, it can't decide the best way to set up vehicle pathing in an arbitrary map.

make it completely random then, heh, leviathan spawning where manta is, and scorpian where goliath is supposed to be. hehehe

Comment

We use the vehicle rotator factor that Hsoolien talks about above on our server. It is a godsend! It allows you to say where the manta spawns I want either vehicle 1, 2 or 3 to spawn randomly. Where the goliath spawns I want, custom vehicle 1 or 2, etc. etc.

It has allowed us to add all of our custom vehicles to the server without having to take off other ones to make room.

Thanks Hsoolien!!

Comment

Working...
            X