Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invasion ammo problem

Another question, another thread...

Does anyone know why with the Invasion gametype, when a new wave starts everyones ammo resets to the default? This is happening on my instagib server (with custom weapons) and it is a real problem with my new weapon, the new weapon is supposed to limit the ammount of decals to stop low fps but with ammo being recharged every wave it is possible for 16 players to spawn over 70,400! which is not good! Any ideas, suggestions?

edit: I see that when a new wave starts the replenishweapons function is called. Is there a way around this?

Do you want just to avoid replenishing the ammo for that weapon altogether? In that case just try overriding your weapon's FillToInitialAmmo function and if Invasion(Level.Game).WaveCountdown == 14, don't let it go through to the superclass.

Code:
    simulated function FillToInitialAmmo()
    {
    	if (Role == ROLE_Authority && 
    		Invasion(Level.Game) != None && 
    		Invasion(Level.Game).WaveCountdown == 14
    	)
    		return;
    	super.FillToInitialAmmo();
    }
    Or something like that. Might need a tweak or two still.

Comment

Have I mentioned I luv you Poker? You was spot on again. ThankYou sooo much again

Comment

LOL ... well you're lucky, I just happened to remember that stuff from having worked in that part of the codebase some time ago. Glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
        X