Coloring Techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coloring Techniques

This is less a technical question and more does anyone have some ideas how the heck to implement this. I'm trying to simulate the three different types of color blindness. I initially tried using additive and subtractive coloring combos on the canvas in order to get good results. Unfortunately this just produces filters over the screen. I mean if i turned up R color to 255 on subtractive, the color red is gone, but the entire screen has a blue filter. This is not accurate at all. Any ideas of techniques i could use to mimick such a disorder?

Complex color filtering like that is not really possible in UT2004 because the red, green and blue channels are strictly separated from each other, but simulating color blindness requires combining the channels in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
      Complex color filtering like that is not really possible in UT2004 because the red, green and blue channels are strictly separated from each other, but simulating color blindness requires combining the channels in some way.
      thats what i was worried about

and there is no way around this?

I dunno if its so much combinig channels as it is replacing channels, but i guess either way im kinda screwed huh?

Comment

I guess if i wanted to be 100% as inefficient as i could, I would create a complete 2nd set of textures for the map that were hand edited in photoshop and switch them out when a button was hit >:|..I dont even kno if the computer could handle that

Comment

I messed around with this a while ago myself, even sofar as to try hacking together combinations of scripted textures displaying the level and shaders...
          Didn't make any progress, doubt it's possible through UScript.

Comment

Working...
          X