Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb spawn warning!

Can anyone tell me why this is being logged:

Warning: SpawnActor failed because class GravHitEffect has bStatic or bNoDelete

I do not have either bStatic or bNoDelete set in the emitter at all.
    But I do have bHardAttach=True

add bNoDelete=False in the defaults, trust me it will work lol (or bStatic=False, icant remember but im pretty sure its bNoDelete)

Comment

Yeah, bNoDelete is generally a good plan on effect emitters

Comment

But bNodelete and bStatic are false by default! I have no other problems with fx emitters, only this one. The others don't have these settings either. Confused.

Edit:

Well bStatic=False fixed the error, strange, when bStatic=False isn't set and should be false be default.

Comment

Emitters are bNoDelete by default.

Comment

Check the defaultproperties of the class your class extends from. It almost certainly has bStatic=true. That means your class inherits bStatic=true unless you explicitly set bStatic=false.

Comment

Or you have something like I had in my extend of PhysicsVolume. I was having problems replicating the PV subclass, yet all the default properties we set to not obstruct the replication. (am I using replication wrong here btw? :P) Anyway, it turned out that when the PV subclass was created, it called a function which set it's Role to ROLE_None. Overriding the function fixed it.

Comment

Ok, I fixed the propblem, but now the emitter stays in one position on the clients... I have bHardAttach=True, but stays at the location it spawns, doesn't follow the player... One thing to another with emitters.

I am extending xEmitter class. bStatic=False and RemoteRole = Role_SimulatedProxy. The beam I spawn stays at the location it spawns at, unlike the Link Beam which follows the player... I have even tried using the settings from the Link Beam,,, guess it's how the beam is being spawned?

Comment

Leave bHardAttach=True,

and when u spawn it spawn it like so:
                  Code:
                  Local Emitter E;
                  E = Spawn(...);
                  E.SetBase(PawnToAttachTo);

Comment

Working...
                  X