Easily Implementing Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Implementing Changes

Is there an easier way to implement changes without making mutators or recompiling the source? I can easily derive my own classes from their classes, it's just finding out how to put them in a mutator that I always get stuck.

Recompiling the source? If you mean stock UT2004 code you really shouldn't be doing that. You won't find anything easier than mutators to implement simple things. Depending on what you want to change it might be better implemented as a gametype. If you are changing lots of things then you want to do a TC.

Comment

Yeah, I'm asking how to WITHOUT recompiling ths source. I know I shouldn't and I'm asking how. So I need to make a total-conversion. How do I do that?

Comment

Whoa there.
        1. You should not recompile Epic's source, only extend it.
        2. You'll need a mutator, but the complexity of the mutator depends on what you want. You could go for full conversion instead, but that's quite a bit trickier. If it's just to avoid having to code a mutator, then that's like swimming across the Atlantic because you couldn't figure out how to order a plane ticket online.

Comment

Already discovered a third option. I find it easisest to make changes with my own gametype!

Comment

Working...
          X