Falling under the terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling under the terrain

I have noticed that the karma physics sometimes allows you to get shoved under the terrain and you can shoot people from under the map. This has been a problem with 2K4 forever. Would it be possible to have a mutator that runs clientside or serverside that checks to see if you are under the terrain and if so kill you like falling into a lava volume?

Are you talking abut all maps, or your maps?

Most mappers have a kill volume or level kill below their terrain, most don't.
    As fort a mutator, guess it could be done, by modifing the level properties on the client.

Comment

I am talking about for all maps so every server can do this and stop the under terrain exploits and the **** karma bug.

I usually do put a lava zone under the terrain on most maps I put on my server that have terrain.

Comment

The big problem is telling when someone has passed through the terrain, and where to start the killin zone, what works for some would not work for others, though you could have a custom setup for each map, and hope there is nothing else in the map below a certain level in the terrain...

Comment

Yeah this is a tough one... I wonder why epic has not addressed it long ago. I still think it's a karma bug because I have been hit with certain projectiles and vehicles on a map and not die, but I slip into under the terrain.

Comment

It has somethingt o do with Karma and the fact that terrain has zero depth

Comment

Working...
            X