Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deemer?

Comment

Oh, okay, the redeemer. Sorry, don't play the game much. I didn't know it could do that. Okay, so I should make the spider-mine something like that? This isn't just a replace this with that situation.

My life would be easier if I didn't have to put these in mutators. How can I substitute my own classes into the game without mutators or changing the source code?

Comment

Originally posted by jbizzler
        My life would be easier if I didn't have to put these in mutators. How can I substitute my own classes into the game without mutators or changing the source code?
        For weapons use the arena mutator supplied with UT2004 ... go to mutator config and choose your weapon and every pickup will be changed. There is also a vehicle arena but I'm not sure if that's built in or not.

Comment

That's good for future reference, but I don't think I'm even gonna try the spider-mine think right now. I'd rather start workign on my own HUD....
          Would it make sense to make my own gametype right now? I guess if Onsluaght is the package for some weapons and most vehicles, then making my own gametype should allow lots, right?

Comment

Onslaught is both a package and a game type (example, there is no Deathmatch package, but there is a DM game type you can use weapons from any package in)

You could make a billion wepons and vehicles without ever making your own game type

Heres a good way to look at it:
            GT - A master set of rules for the game, dictates just what needs to be done to win the match, what levels it can be played on, what weapons can be used and the HUD, good for your won game type that still uses UT stuff (liek weaps and vecs)
            Mutator - Modifies GT's as a rule, can switch out weapons, vecs, or even basic damage rules, often compatible with several GT's, never enough to be a standalone game by itself
            TC (total conversion) - Tends to replace all all/most vecs/weaps with your own as well as your own GT's that tend to be incomaptible with UT muts

The things is they can all be in multiple seperate packages, or clumped to gether in one big package

Comment

I already knew that I'm just saying right now, for me at least, it seems easiest to make my changes in a gametype based on DeathMatch. For example, I don't know how to put the targeting system I made in another thread in a mutator. Instead, I made a gametype that just uses my own custom HUD.

I'd like to know howto make a TC mod. How do you make your game use its own system folder and such?

Comment

Making the spider mine remote controlled is NOT for someone new to scripting. I suggest you drop it and think of something easier. You'll know when you've gained enough experience to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by jbizzler
                  I'd like to know howto make a TC mod. How do you make your game use its own system folder and such?
                  There is a mod system that allows you to keep your mod files seperate from basic UT2004 files (this means that stuff from your mod doesn't clutter up plain old UT2004 but your mod will still include all the UT2004 files). Here's an explanation of that http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Us...stem_In_UT2004

That's just to do with organising files really. The real coding when it comes to TCs pretty much comes down to doing your own GUI. Generally a TC will consist of custom gametypes running on custom maps and you need to code a GUI that only allows access to that content.

Comment

Working...
                  X