This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bored , non-busy or helpful coder , a favor please

from what i understand of coding this should be pretty simple for a dude with teh knowledgez , or i wouldnt be asking otherwise. If i had any skillz at coding whatsoever i'd try it myself but i truely suck ***.

As u may know the last man standing gametype gives a player a certain amount of lives and all weapons and u try to kill and survive until all the other players are dead.

Well what i would like is instead of choosing how many lives u want to start with , it's all in Hp instead. So lets say instead of starting with nine lives u start with 900 Hp.U only die once and the winner is the last man standing This would stop the annoying respawning when u die and make for a faster more engrossing game. The rest of the gametype is exactly the same apart from this.

I'd like this new gametype or mutator (Last man standing XL - i like to call it) to be able to run on a server (not just instant action) with the same options as normal LMS but with a configurable starting HP option (1-9900).

It would really make me and others very happy. I'm srry for posting if this is too much to ask ,but if u did consider doing this i'd be very grateful

thanks for ur time

Originally posted by Slam_Shifty
    i'd try it myself but i truely suck ***.
    maybe you can find someone who will trade some coding for some ***-sucking :-P

It's a cool idea, I would be surprised if it's not already been done...

Comment

Originally posted by sweavo
      maybe you can find someone who will trade some coding for some ***-sucking :-P

*sluurp*

Comment

NOW you won't find anybody for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by BalticSailor
          NOW you won't find anybody for sure!
          i thought i could suck my way to the top... now i've lost all meaning for life

Comment

I've done somthing simular in source (half life 2) and it was quite easy.

I only just started with UrealScript, but if I find a way to do what you describe I'd let you know. But let's skip the ***-sucking part

Comment

I just happen to be quite bored, actually, so I might give it a try...

Comment

This can probably be done with just a mutator,

-Use ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other); so when the player spawns, get its number
                of lifes the game has set for him, say each life is 100 hp,
                Other.Health = <Lifes>*100; and then set the lifes to 1 so the player
                will die once

Comment

thanks for replies i found somebody thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X