Uscript MySQL Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uscript MySQL Class

Hi all, i'm writing a MySQL interface class in uscript for one of my mods, but it seems to me that it'd be useful to more than just me, so I'll be releasing it to the community. If you've got a wishlist of MySQL functions that you'd like to see added to Uscript please let me know and I'll fit them in. My goal for this weekend is to make equivalents for most of PHP's MySQL functions in Uscript. I'll try to include some documentation as well, we'll see how it goes.

that certainly seems interesting. i could see something like that being a good starting point for lots of things

Comment

PEAR:B-style query methods would rock. Like, you could prepare a query string with a few placeholders for values, provide the values as a string array to the query() (or execute(), if you intend adding real prepare/execute support like in PHP's mysqli) method and it would automatically escape the string values and insert them into the query string.

Comment

Very nice! I'll folow this tread with interest. Been thinking of using some backend DB for a mod i'm working on (currently only in my head).

Comment

I'm not as well versed in UnrealScript as I am in other languages, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to interface with the MySQL databases via PHP pages? I'm pretty sure that at least some form of HTTP access classes exist already, and just dynamically creating a URL for the page request (e.g "http://server.com/page.php?db=bleh&pw=something&sql=some query") should be really easy to do. It'd just require some config for the PHP pages and the mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by Burningmace
            I'm not as well versed in UnrealScript as I am in other languages, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to interface with the MySQL databases via PHP pages? I'm pretty sure that at least some form of HTTP access classes exist already, and just dynamically creating a URL for the page request (e.g "http://server.com/page.php?db=bleh&pw=something&sql=some query") should be really easy to do. It'd just require some config for the PHP pages and the mutator.
            Ya, but a uscript class is just so much sexyer... also less dependent on other things.

Btw, if you are planing on sharing this once it's done, this might be a good open source project, as it's kinda a big thing.

Comment

Working...
            X