New Vehicle Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Vehicle Questions

I want to make a vehicle with moving parts. I'm thinking some sort of flying machine that flaps its wings once you get it off the ground (like a slow flapping.. not fast). I'm making all of my vehicles in 3d max.

I'm looking for a tutorial on importing vehicles from max to unrealed, and a way to make the flapping work (I'm guessing this has to be done with script).

Any tips on how to approach this project would be helpful.

Michael

My Tip: Make the wings an animation mesh (no code required, just set the animation speed.), You can easily setup flapping speed by how fast the vehicle is going.

Get the ActorX tool for exporting animations from 3dMax, Maya may also come in handy.

Comment

I like the sound of that.
      In that case, this is not the right forum to discuss this.. but could you hook me up with a tutorial?

And eh.. How do I import vehicles from 3d max? I'm concerned about how the rigging works and so on.

Comment

This should explain setting up a vehicle in Max and exporting it:

http://www.psyonix.com/ImportingVehiclesTutorial/

Comment

Originally posted by pcmods
          My Tip: Make the wings an animation mesh (no code required, just set the animation speed.), You can easily setup flapping speed by how fast the vehicle is going.

Get the ActorX tool for exporting animations from 3dMax, Maya may also come in handy.
          errr... by the way, is actorx only for the comericial versions of maya and max?
          is there a version for maya PLE?

Comment

Sorry, I have max 8, never used Maya PLE. ActorX works on the max demo, so I can't help there.

Comment

Working...
            X