Total Noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Noob question

I am just starting out.I just completed Buzz's "concussion Rifle" tutorial.

I wanted to try to make the Shock balls Freezable in the air kinda like the UC2 version of the gun.

I want it to do this:

Hit alt fire to launch NORMAL ShockBall, if you DO NOT release altfire(1), you can tap primary(0) and freeze it mid air, stopping the Momentum.Then you can still detonate.IF you let go of (1) before you freeze it, then you have to fire another ball.

I know I am basically asking for code here, but I figure maybe someone'll help a noob out....TIA!!!!:up: :bulb:

Cool idea!

You should have a look at the Rocket Launcher. Same kind of thing going on in there.

Comment

ok

Thanx.

Comment

Kinda like the UC2 version, or excactly?

Comment

Well exactly really.

Hell I wanna get the whole gun done in the end, but I Just wanna understand alittle better how I might go about making this happen.

Would I need to make a new class???

Comment

You made the concussion rifle... remember making a new script file and writing at the top something like ConcussionRifle extends ShockRifle;? That's how you made a new class. You'll need to do that again for your new rifle.

Comment

Yeah I know all that.

I'm just wondering how I'd go about making it freeze in air.

They're arent any guns that do that so there is no code to look at really.

Comment

sounds like an interesting codey thingo. You would need a custom shock ball too. One way you could do it is have the weapon keep track of the last shock ball fired until you release alt, and when you do the special firey thingo it tells it to stop. Might give it a shot as i have nothing better to do never played uc2 tho

Comment

Test this in Instant Action only yet. You'll need to change some properties in order to make a client see a shockball stop mid-air. Normally, projectiles with simple movement are predicted clientsidely, thus changes in it on the server will not be noticed by the client.

Comment

Bing! Sorta forgot about this until tonight
                    Works online too due to my "mad replication hax skillz"
                    I'm sure this isnt how it should work so recommend changes

Comment

Gonna chceck it out right now...ILl get back to you...probablly expect a PM....are you who made Baz painter for Old Porcupine???

I used it in one of my maps....well liked.

Comment

Good stuff check your PMS.

Comment

Working...
                        X