Functions :Bump()? Touch()?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functions :Bump()? Touch()?

Hi there, I've always taken it for granted that the mover class uses a Bump() function rather than a Touch() function but to be honest i haven't got a clue why? At the moment I'm trying to make a mover that deals with vehicles and Bump() only identifies them as xPawns. i cant see how i can gain a valid ref to a vehicle.Is there a way around this at all?
    Thanks

I think bump gets called instead of touch when:

bCollideActors=True
    bBlockActors=True

Comment

Bump gets called instead of Touch when the two colliding actors can't intersect each others collision because they are both set up the way Bonehed described it.

Comment

so how do i get a valid ref to a vehicle from the mover class?
        I swapped the values for bBlockActors and bCollideActors about and managed to get the touch function working but it still wont identify a vehicle . vehicle(other) is still giving me a return of None.

Comment

Hmmm still no luck on this problem.. Im going to try using a touching actors itterator to do the same job as the touch() function If i set it running after bump has identified anything touching as far as pawn. But i havent had much using the TouchingActors itterator in the past for some reason.

Comment

Working...
          X