No announcement yet.

my own playermodel for host game mode

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    my own playermodel for host game mode

    I tried to get my own model into utk4 host mode. When I write, ServerActors=my_model into ut2004.ini under (engine.GameEngine), the level doesn't start and crashes. The model works in single player mode.
    Is there any good manual about that?
    That's the way I did it.

    Just extract to your UT2004 folder!

    If you wanna install it manually then here's how.....

    LDhats_Characters.UTX goes into ut2004/textures folder
    LDhats.USX goes into ut2004/staticmeshes folder
    LDUT.UKX goes into ut2004/animations folder
    LDhatPlayers.UPL goes into ut2004/system folder
    LDhats.u goes into ut2004/system folder
    LDhats.ucl goes into ut2004/system folder

    Follow the installation instructions as explained above and then you need to edit ut2004.ini and go to the section where it says [Engine.GameEngine] and add this line at the end.......


    Resave the ut2004.ini and restart game server. Finally, anyone who has the characters installed will be able to see you using it and vice versa.

    Ya know, this was much easier in UT99, the server cached all the info to the clients, why did they remove that, then this wouldn't happen. I could play on any server with custom models no proplem, no editing the INI file.

    I can only assume here, but you may have an issue in your LDhats.u file.
    Do you have the soruce for it, as there's not much else that would cause a crash.

    You can also check the logs to what the cause was.


      error message

      thank's felix

      UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

      OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
      CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2796 MHz with 1022MB RAM
      Video: RADEON X800GT (6583)

      Can't resolve package name

      History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass
      <- ULevel::Listen <- Listen <- UGameEngine::LoadMap
      <- LocalMapURL
      <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick
      <- Level OPS ROOM <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free
      <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray
      <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free


        solved the problem

        finally I found the solution. in the ut2004.ini file, I wrote under (Engine.GameEngine) ServerPackages=MyPlayer