FireWeaponAt not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireWeaponAt not working?

As the subject says, my fireweaponat is not working. Does the shootTarget have to be a certain distance to the xPawn?

I really need help with this, I've looked everywhere. Does anyone know anything about this?

Comment

well, posting some code could help. if it's an instant fire, trace range value/max distance or something like that will determine how far the shot will hit.

Comment

It's just the action for my pawn, to shoot at a target that I specify. I've tried shootat and fireweapon and the bot never fires. Maybe it doesn't have to do with the triggers and its something else like ammo?

Comment

don't know much what you're trying to do, but i'll share what i do know.

In bombing run, there is a path called "shootspot" that tells bots where to shoot the ball at the goal.
          maybe look at its code, there may be something there that could be helpful.

also, maybe look at the destroyable objective stuff in assault. again, i don't know if this will even help, but it may give you some insight as to how bots are told to interact with these objects, and in turn, could shed some light as to how to get your pawn shooting the target you want them to. again, i dont know if your answer lies here. have you tried looking on unrealwiki?

Comment

Thank you for that info. Yes, I have looked through unreal wiki, but it doesn't clarify it for me. Here's something though-- Can xPawn's only shoot at objects that can be destroyed? I was under the impression that they could shoot at whatever they wanted, whereever it was. That's why I am using the shootTarget for it's target. If I could find an example of a working fireWeaponAt action, that might help me out alot.. but I've had alot of trouble finding anything on this.

Comment

perhaps as a workaround: make a destroyable object with 1000000000 health in front or inside of your object?

Comment

I don't think that's the problem. The actor should be able to shootAt anything, right?

Comment

Working...
                X