Help With The Bulldog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With The Bulldog

Is there a way to get the bulldog to work in ut2004?
    It does some things that svehicles wont do.

What things do you want?

you can use it in 2004, but you'll have to do aot of code up to make it work online. I believe the UNWheel Team succesfully acoomplished this.

Comment

There's also a NeoBulldog, which is a bigger Bulldog for 2004. Try WinkyBoy's index.

Comment

I have it but i hate it for a few reasons.
        1. It looks retarted
        2. Its not a kvehicle
        3. It drives really weird.

Comment

Why are you so set on it being a kvec instead of an svec? svecs are so much better optimized and can do anything a kvec can (at least I can't think of anything they can't do that a kvec can)

Comment

I know about that but i cant get and rwd or fwd svehc. If i change the numpoweredwheels to 2 it freaks out and i get instananeous accelreration. And bpoweredwheel has no effect.
            EDIT: one more thing i dont really care about online kind of a minimod and i cant find the old unwheel
            EDIT2: Never mind i found the old unwheel and are going to adapt it .

Comment

Aren't the SPMA and Paladin FWDs?

Comment

There not i made a few dynos by playing with karma and all the wheels spin therefore awd. ANother thing is the unwheel code form beta 3... i cant get it to work properly Oh well until i figure it out or someone else does.

Comment

Wait, are you trying to make a svehicle have fwd?

Comment

I think the powered variable actually works for the physics aspects, but does not work for the appearence aspect, the wheels you see are moved based on the motion of the car, where as with with kvecs the movement of the car is based on the motion of the wheels. This is cause the drive wheels for SVecs are virtual with the wheels you see being ... basically an illusion to represent the virtual wheels.

Comment

BIG-A im tring to make a vehicle not awd/4wd but rwd and it seems impossible.
                      Hsoolien if you unchck the boxes in unrealed for use actor as parent and placeable classes only if you look down at the things parented by object you will eventually see svehiclewheel. and when i cange bpoweredwheel=true to false it has no physics effect and im double checking now. With the old unwheel version(beta 3) changing a vehicle from 4wd to rwd or fwd makes a BIG difference. rwd is very slippy and fun to drift in. fwd is weird and makes cornering very easy. awd is good for off-roaders like the stock ut2004 vehicles.

Comment

Umm, isnt the scorpion rwd?

Comment

nope 4wd its the bulldog that i cant get to work is rwd and configurable.

Comment

Iknow the svehicle wheel exists, but what you see in game is a virtual representation. I don't think I explained it well.

I'm not sue why Epic would have locked all the vecs in awd for 2004, it seems very dumb, but at the same time th ediofference between kvecs and svecs in terms of networking and CPU usage (besides ****ty network compatability o kvecs they also use more CPU) is pretty big.

If you have UNreal 2 however get teh U2XMP and take a look at the vec code in their cause they are kvecs that also do work online.

Comment

var() bool bPoweredWheel

bPoweredWheel does not work. If it did, you would set bPoweredWheel to true if this is a wheel the engine spins. For example in a rear wheel drive car, bPoweredWheel would be set to true for the rear wheels and false for the front wheels.

I'll take a look later to see is there a way around this in tick or something, would be nice to have rwd

Comment

Working...
                              X