decoding .u files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decoding .u files

i know there is nothing that can do it in linux but is there something that can do it in windows?

UnrealEd (except for some default properties ex: GUI classes).

Comment

UEd is HORRIBLE XD www.WOTgreal.com
      Downloads
      Exporter or the Whole UDE

Comment

Best bet is to search http://ude.epicgames.com for code drops, to many clases don't export properly under UCC, UEd, or WotGreal/UDE exporter

Comment

Originally posted by ^::B!G-A::
          UEd is HORRIBLE XD www.WOTgreal.com
          Downloads
          Exporter or the Whole UDE
          Actually, I've had significant problems with WOTGreal as far as code exporting goes (although I use it for coding). It seems to like to rename stuff as function12 etc. :bulb:

Comment

that is because in that case the code isn't exported but decompiled
            when code is decompiled it can't resolve the native functios with an index because it only knows the index.

Comment

UEd or UCC BatchExport is all you need to export the code. Use WOTgreal for codeing, if you want, but you should only use its exporter if UEd/BatchExport refuse to do their work.

Comment

So when UDE exports functions as Function(BLAHSTUPID NUMBER THATS ANNOYING) i can use UCC to export it with the real names?

Comment

no, no and no

UnrealEd and UCC can only export code (export as the reverse of import).
                  WotGreal can do this too, and will do so when possible.

WotGreal\UDE can also decompile code (decompile as the reverse of compile). In this case some functions will get the name Function# (where # is a number). You can lookup the real name by simply searching for a native function with that number (e.g. native(#) function ....). UnrealEd and UCC can not decompile code.
                  Decompiling code is mostly useless because the generated code may not even compile and doesn't reflect the original source code (just the byte code). Using it to fix a bug might not always work.

Comment

ok im familiar with using ucc comand line to compile code how do i decompile or export or whatever to make it back into .uc files? usualy i do this:
                    "wine ucc.exe make" to compile and wine ucc.exe dumpint <whatever>.u to make the int (it seems make already makes the .u and .ucl) so if ucc can unmake something how do you do it? ive not known ucc to have a gui so im sure its a command. and can it also decompile textures and static meshes and such like wotgreal says it can?

Comment

Like elmuerte said: The engine does not provide a "decompile" feature, but it allows you to export the original script code (unless it was stripped from the U file) via UCC BatchExport.

As mentioned before, the BatchExportCommandlet only takes the imported script text, generates the defaultproperties block from stored data (stored default properties, INI content, etc.) and saves the results as .UC files in the directory you specified.

Comment

Working...
                      X