Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring Coders (for pay this time)

I'm gonna start contracting out code-work for Gunreal, for money this time:
    Normally I'm againt this notion, but I want to finish this before UT2009 comes out.

If you opt to code a weapon or feature for Gunreal, here's what'll happen:

1: I'll give you the packages, the mutator, and all the UC files

2: I'll give you detailed instructions on *exactly* how to code the feature

3: You'll need MSN or Trillian

4: I'll give you a program called Hotline.

5: I'll give you money for the completed work. :up:

--- Here's the work that's available, and what you'll get for it ---

--- Game Features ---

A Flawless Shopping/Spawning/Upgrading System: $100

New Gib & Headshot System / Trajectory Blood-Splat / Gibbable Corpses: $45

New Death Camera: $7

Dynamic Hit-Indication System: $15 (taken)

Tweaked Player/Vehicle Movement & Scale, Inc. Sprinting/Stamina: $35

---

Weapons:

Teleportation Pod: $15 (taken) (30%)

Shocker Glove: $27

Acid Pistol: $10 (40%)

Photonic Rifle (incomplete - probably $15)

Spammer: $15 (taken) (40%)

Acid Machinegun: $15

Plasma Gun: $55 (taken)

Minigun: $35

Shotgun: $12 (taken) (60%)

G-60: $15

Rocket Launcher: $15 (taken) (80%)

Heavy RL: $55 (taken) (40%)

Sniper Cannon: $15

Fire Gun: $15

Carbon Bomb: $10
    C4 Grenade: $5
    Plasma Grenade: $7
    Napalm Grenade: $9
    Electric Grenade: $7

Being part of Gunreal for UT2004/UT2007: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's PayPal.

--- --- ---

--- The Idea... ---

This amounts to $524 out of a total of just over $1,000 that I have to burn - $500 of which is going toward an expensive (and uber high-quality) sound effects library that I need for construction of the rest of the sounds. The rest of the money (plus a lot more) will be used to fund the TC Mod version of Gunreal, for UT2007, which will have new vehicles, a host of additional weapons, a new HUD, 2 armies with new character models, and other stuff that will need a good deal of programming.

When that time comes, it should be easier to find coders (for free) because modders will swarm back to UT2007 when it's released, but the content is being made *now*, and if anyone gets serious about this mod, and agrees that it's poised to turn UT2007 over on its belly, then you can feel free to help fund this mod, and bring the war mode to life.

Most of the best mods had lots of painstaking research put into them - not to mention, most of the best games - and Gunreal is no different. What you see in the screenshots are strange, uncanny weapons, but many of those were constructed before I had the new ideal of making Gunreal into a sci-fi envisioning of the future. Most of the weapons, like the G-60, Sniper Cannon, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Minigun, Photonic Rifle, and all the weapons to come in the Mod version, are designed to be realistic, and brutally detailed in their purpose, function, and argument toward possibly existing in the future.

--- The Moolah ---
    If you work on one of these weapons or game-features, I'll pay-pal you your moolah as soon as a weapon or feature is fully completed. The way this will work is very strict: *nothing* is completed until it's so good/perfect/bug-free, that it fixes other things in its wake. A weapon has to work so well, that you get a 10 fps boost just for loading it.
    Anything less than perfect - including animation anomalies, imperfect timing, and neglected fine-tuning - will NOT be paid for, or will be paid in part; without exception or reconsideration. Whenever something needs work, I'll let you know in detail, and you'll get a semi-daily email with a list of exactly what needs tuning. It's finished as soon as I say, "Okay, weapon's all done."

Ignore the harsh standards - Just doing some preventive maintainance to make sure people don't have any room to go haywire It's actually very straightforward and easy.

---

--- And finally... ---

If you haven't already, see my other thread to see what Gunreal's somewhat about:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=495791

And the demoroom you'll be working with:
    http://www.deefrag.com/images/ut/gun...al_pics_b1.jpg

It's my intention to one day have my own game studio, so for the time being I'm just finishing up a novel I've been writing for a few years, and will use the money to pay for a lot more hardcore, serious work in the future, to develop a game using Unreal technology based partially off Gunreal, and partially off another novel I'm writing that takes place in the near future.

I think in due time you'll be seeing what I'm talking about on your screen, unfolding in unrealized glory :noob: :up:

If you wanna do this, just drop me a line - deefrag@deefrag.com

Once this list of work is knocked off, Gunreal will be released. When UT2007 comes out, and all its content is finished, there will be a new list, and an actual team working on it, probably for free.

Can I offer you some code snips? They'll help whomever you get to do the work. I have quite a bit, lol.

Comment

Looks like i'm gonna be rollin in dough, do I get paid for the translocator replacement as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehed316
        Can I offer you some code snips? They'll help whomever you get to do the work. I have quite a bit, lol.
        Sure - absolutely

Thanks. All contributors will end up in the credits btw, under "special thanks". :up:
        But people who actually work on something are credited under "additional programming".

Originally posted by Hsoolien
        Looks like i'm gonna be rollin in dough, do I get paid for the translocator replacement as well?
        Yeah, of course. Forgot about that in the list...

Comment

I've got a clump of a few thousand lines of code I'm going to send you when I get home. Topics range anywhere from gibbable corpses to hit effects, 3rd person animations, and 3d hit indication. Expect it tonight ~9PM EST.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehed316
            I've got a clump of a few thousand lines of code I'm going to send you when I get home. Topics range anywhere from gibbable corpses to hit effects, 3rd person animations, and 3d hit indication. Expect it tonight ~9PM EST.
            Ah, I await with baited Outlook Express

I'm going to post these on my Hotline server for the programmers to get ahold of and start doing some research.

Thank you kindly - this will go far :up:

Comment

Working...
            X