Getting bots to "acknowledge" smoke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hmm, that's problematic then: bots are able to walk through it.

Hitscan volume doesn't sound right either: getting hit by the LG or by a rocket that comes flying out of the -to you- vision-blocking smoke is pretty much just as bad.

Thanks for the potential solutions though, even't if they can't help me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    if you cant pass through the smoke, a sheet will work. IIRC you could set if a bot can see through it or not (used for windows)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try a Hit-Scan Blocking Volume, even though I'm not sure what it does.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dario D.
    There needs to be some kind of non-colliding object or volume that blocks vision.
    Yep, that's what I'm thinking too.
    But seeing as I don't know how to code, I'm subtly hinting someone else to make it for me, or walk me through it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe something like if smoke is between target and bot, bCanSeeEnemy = false or something to that avail

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There needs to be some kind of non-colliding object or volume that blocks vision.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Getting bots to "acknowledge" smoke.

Getting bots to "acknowledge" smoke.

Smoke emitters play a noticeable role in my map (they block off some otherwise very long line of sights), but I can't figure out how to get bots to not ignore them.
    What I need is for bots to not see people on the other side of the smoke, or perhaps just give them a big aiming penalty.

I think a volume would work best, but it would probably have to be a custom one. And my coding experience is non-existant. Any tips?
Working...
X