Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no changes when compiling code

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    no changes when compiling code

    I've got this tank (using manta code). I finally got it in-game, and you can drive it and everything. Exept I've made all sorts of major changes to its physics, and no changes are taking effect.

    I'm changing the code, saving it, compiling it, deleting the vehicle out of my map, reloading the .u file in the actor browser, recreating it, and re-changing its bnodelete and bgamerelevant and team properties to true, true and 255 respectively. But it still just has normal manta properties.

    I'm pretty sure it's just a blunder in my code. Either way, could someone just list the possible things that I could be doing wrong to cause this? Maybe it's using the actual manta code instead of my modified one, and I don't know it?

    Thanks,

    Rippy

    #2
    Put some logs to see if it's using yours.

    Comment


      #3
      what should I log, exactly? I can think of some variables, but if the vehicle has regular manta physics then those variables would obviously be the regular manta ones, and I wouldn't be better off.

      (btw, sorry for such newb questions, but I gotta start somewhere)

      Comment


        #4
        Well, I'd start with logging each function to make sure the vehicle is using your functions.

        Code:
        function Whatever()
        {
            log("Function Whatever has been called==================");
        }
        I personally put the ===== in to make it easier to spot in the log.

        Comment


          #5
          try spawning the vehicle instead of placing it in ued.

          Comment


            #6
            I did the exact same log you suggested, and it doesn't show up at all. I also got rid of the script I had and retook the manta code, but still no luck.

            As for spawning it, it won't work. I'm trying to "summon ONSAntiAir.ONSAntiAir". In my UT2004 folder there's my ONSAntiAir folder, inside of that is Classes, and inside of that is ONSAntiAir.uc. My vehicle's package name is ONSAntiAir, and the mesh is AntiAir.

            Comment


              #7
              That might be your problem. The engine doesn't like packages with the same name. I always put -Anims, -Tex, or -Meshes at the end to discern them.

              Comment


                #8
                Alright, I'm too lazy to do it now, but I'll add suffixes like that when I get around to it, and post if it works (hopefully it will).

                Comment


                  #9
                  delete you .u file form your system dir

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X