Teleporting Rockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teleporting Rockets

In the Duke Nukem 3d, if you shoot a rocket to the teleport, than it goes out from the other side.
    How can I make it in the UT? I couldn't make it with properties, so I think, it need some scripting.

omg i wanted to make a teleporter that would tele ANYTHING like all projectiles and trace shots, like you could have it so when a trace hits a tele it calculates the output rotation and shoots that way but i havent had time

Comment

Projectiles shouldn't be too hard. You just set the projectile's new locationa and (optionally) rotation. Trace shots are very difficult, though. You'd have to modify every weapon, and if you don't plan on making a total conversion that means your mod will not be compatible with community made weapons.

Comment

yea thats another reason i didnt bother >.<

Comment

Well... there is no way, to teleport anything, what falls to the starter teleport?

And why I need to rewrite the weapons? I want teleport only those projectiles, which have a mesh (e.g.: rocket, redeemer, flack).

(ehh, I almost made a new thread )

Comment

For projectiels you jst need to recode the teleporter to accept projectiles as valid objects to be TP'd, not all that hard really...

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
              For projectiels you jst need to recode the teleporter to accept projectiles as valid objects to be TP'd, not all that hard really...
              Yes, that was the idea, but the teleporter's code is a little bit messy for me

Comment

It's very messy, It seems to do a few too many checks (by my books) to make sure the TP is valid...

Comment

Working...
                X