First User Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First User Mod

Ok i wanted to make my first User Mod but idk how to make it work, i have WOTgreal setup with my default.ini that WOT mad and i modified, it also made the UTMod.ini BLAH file that i fixed and the directories:
    Code:
    [URL]
    Protocol=ut2004
    ;LocalMap=MyModLogo.ut2
    Class=MyMod.MyPawn
    ;Character=MyPlayer

[Core.System]
    ;CacheRecordPath=../MyMod/System/*.ucl
    +Paths=../MyMod/System/*.u
    +Paths=../MyMod/Maps/*.ut2
    +Paths=../MyMod/Textures/*.utx
    +Paths=../MyMod/Sounds/*.uax
    +Paths=../MyMod/StaticMeshes/*.usx
    +Paths=../MyMod/Animations/*.ukx
    +MusicPath=../MyMod/Music

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    AllowDownloads=True
    ConnectionTimeout=45.0
    InitialConnectTimeout=200.0

[Engine.Engine]
    ;Console=MyMod.My_Console
    ;GUIController=MyMod.My_GUIController
    DefaultGame=MyMod.MyGame
    DefaultServerGame=MyMod.MyGame

[Engine.GameEngine]
    CacheSizeMegs=64
    ;MainMenuClass=MyMod.My_MainMenu
    ServerPackages=MyMod

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]
    ServerName=MyMod Server
    ShortName=MyMod Server

[xVoting.xVotingHandler]
    bMapVote=true
    bKickVote=true
    KickPercent=51
    bAnonymousKicking=True

[Editor.EditorEngine]
    EditPackages=MyMod
    CutdownPackages=MyMod

[UnrealEd.UnrealEdEngine]
    GameCommandLine=-mod=MyMod-LOG=MyMod.log
    Details taken out for secrecy

But when i goto compile, it compiles great, EXCEPT the gametype doesn't, no errors or warnings, just doesnt make a ucl and it doesnt show in the gametype list after i load the mod.
    and i dont want to display the gametypes i have on Reg UT i want ONLY my gametypes.

Much thx, your help is appreciated.

[EDIT]
    I'd like to add that i do not have UDE, i have the generic WOTgreal and i have for a few months now, this is because i cannot run umods on XP since i lost my utcd's and had to regedit to play again, everything has gone fine on everyother thing i have made, just i never made a UserMod before and i require assisence, Thx.

As far as I know, WOTGreal (and UDE) do not work with the mod structure very well (if at all). Try it with ucc make -Mod=MyMod.

Also, your editpackages should be +EditPackages=MyMod and I have no idea what CutDownPackages does, and I'm pretty sure it wont work.

Once you try to compile it, make sure you check the MyMod.ini file to see what it created, make sure all your editpackages are correct, and that yours come last, etc. and always delete it when you make a change to your default.ini, or it wont take effect.

Comment

Ok, so if i tell WOT to add the command line -mod=MyMod and do +edit then it should work? Idk why im asking even know im about to try but wth not.

Comment

ok it didnt seem to tchange the outcome, no ucl made, didnt say Game Exported, idk wt* im doing...

Comment

Er, afiak ucl are generated at runtime, except for gametypes, which in my experiences require an INT file.

example:

[public]
          ; Game Types
          Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.GameInfo,Name =ee_Game.eeSinglePlayer,Description="EE|Eden Eclipse|||False")

Comment

**** i totally forgot bout ints!

Comment

It worked! idk if the int did anything cuz i forgot to cehck after the -mod in the UCC because the gametype i put in the int for a test isnt the one that showed, thx!

[EDIT]
              Uh oh, just uh oh lol

Comment

ALLMY FAULT!

#1) GAMETYPES NEED MAPS LOLOL
                #2) Cache record was set rong, .ucl WAS made in the UT2004\System nto in my mod
                #3) lol i cant believe i overshot all that..

Thx anyway for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X