Mod Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Idea

This mod would, when you've been killed, under the person whose killed you it tells you what weapon you've been killed by (damtype would be easier)

unfortunatly I have not modding experence exept weapon/vehicle modding

but does any have any idea how this might be done and mabey give me a pointer to tutorial :up:

Thanks

blip2

You can get the weapon of the damtype form most properly programmed damtypes...

So baiscaly something that reports what you were killed with as well as who???

Comment

I happened to browse all default UT2004 weapons' damagetypes the other day, and I noticed in most cases the weapon was not present. You may need to edit those damagetypes.

If all you want is the name of the weapon in the chat text, wouldn't it be easier to just edit the death messages?

Comment

Hsoolien: Yes thats about the jist of it

Xyx: The weapon would be selected from a list using the damtype as reference

Rewording the deathmessages would mean copying all of the damtypes and all of the weapons into a new .u (biiiig file)

blip2

Comment

Ok all the stock weapons (or most I did not cheack the ONS wepaons) do have the weapon classes associated with them (so the mut might not work with badly programmed custom weaps), so I imagine you could then make some new game rules that cheack the damage type for the weapon class (then the weapon class for the weapon name) and show that

Comment

Working...
          X