Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you make a Vehicle stay within the Vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I got the bone name in the area where the vehicle going to stay there so that i don't have to know the postion to much more faster.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so if the any vehicle is trigger in the collision it will attach bone that name to the transports vehicle and leave if the hellbender want to leave attach bone area?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Such as when you get into the dynamically made spots and when it attaches change this:
    Code:
    simulated function AttachDriver(Pawn P)
    {
    	local vector AttachPos;

P.bHardAttach = true;
    	AttachPos = Location + (DrivePos >> Rotation);
    	P.SetLocation( AttachPos );
    	P.SetPhysics( PHYS_None );
    	P.SetBase( Self );
    	P.SetRelativeRotation( DriveRot );
    }
    the attachpos to the CarriedVeh.Location+(CarriedVeh.DrivePos>>CarriedV eh.Rotation);

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wait, coulnt you do this, dynamically make new passenger spots like the tank that dont show the playerpawn,OR even better yet the passenger spot the same as the carried vehicles spot and have them get out of the carried vehicle and go into the carrier and shut off the karma and fake a vehicle until they unhook it and they jump out of the carrier and go back in to the carried vehicle and turn the karma back on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know how to code it in....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just have the transportation vehicle open when you press altfire or something and close with the same button and then the falling off part won't be a problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That magnet is a mover, so there is no special code

Leave a comment:

• replied
    canbebaseforpawns=True I have this code here. Just want to know how to add collsion if the vechicle is trigger or attach to something.

Where the AS-Junkyard that the hellbender maget. Don't know where is the code come from. Just need to know how to attach it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IT always something to do with the update of the properties of the krama and the Physics. The that vehicle stay the same utntil the player is using it or not played. Like the Hellbender when you enter the vehicle and you go the another sapwn for hellbender to park it there it usally stay there.

But I saw in the UDN section about that but it outdate about the trailer. http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/HotRod

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that just lets people stand on raptors...

i dint know about that Hsoolien, mabey you could just force a pawn update whenever the vehicle moves...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^dont know if this will help but i have read somewhere here a line of code

canbebaseforpawns=True

i think it is not correct maybe someone can correct me plz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did that work online Bigcheese? WIth a driver already in the vec, cause my experiance has been:
    The driver of the vec doing the attaching see's almost everything right (if the driver pawn is visable or there are headlights they get left behind)
    the driver of the vec being attached sometimes see his vec take off, sometimes not, but always he's left behind. All vec shots orginate at the vehicle that picked him up and when the vec is unattached he is instanly teleported to where the vec wwas dropped

Everybody else sees' the vec moved... somtimes, but the driver name is left behind...

The problem comes down to pawns dont' deal well with having their base chnaged while they are possed (everything works perfect if the driver is empty, note that wepaon pawns can be cocupied since their base is not changed)

As far as the PRI is concerned you are not moving, and are still in the same place, ths leads to the other people and the driver of the picked up vec seeing the vec left behind. The server allwos that the vec is moving, but it's not replicated to anybod excep the person who picked up the vec cause their pawn code caused the pickup, variables seem to be only replicated to the pawn that owns them, or to the machine of the pawn that owns the actor, cause the base change is made by one pawn it get's all the replcation info, but nobody else does, that is supposed to be take care of by the PRI, but the PRI does not handle base changes for pawns...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do care about the vehicles physics that there should be an cosllion dected if the vehilcle want to leave that go back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    as long as you dont care about the vehicles physics...

Code:
    vehicle.setphysics(PHYS_NONE);
    vehicle.AttachToBone(otherVehicle, 'bone_name');
    and that worked on my helicopter...

EDIT: and done forget to set it back to

Code:
    vehicle.setphysics(PHYS_KARMA);

Leave a comment:

• replied
    couldnt you have it spawn a dummy? an actor with the mesh and stuff that looks like a vehicle and attach it to a bone or somsort?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X