Walking on vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking on vehicles?

Does online go smoothly if you're walking on a moving vehicle, or do you stutter?

Like a truck with a very large flat-bed.

Basically it woudl be like riding a manta, mind you serer spikes and lag would likely make you fall off, as well it would not be demorec comapatibe

Comment

If I'm standing still, I think Manta riding is pretty smooth; I'm just not sure about walking around. Is that what you meant?

I've never walked on a manta, so I dont know. All I know is that Half-Life 2 stutters online whenever you try to walk across a physics object, because physics is transfered online.

And I can't check by walking on a goliath, because the screen-shake is so heavy, I cant tell if it's stuttering or... wait... ...leviathan.

[opens UT]

Comment

I dont think the levi has bCanbeBaseforPawns=true lol!

Comment

Can someone confirm this?

I'm in the planning phase of the vehicles for my mod, and I don't want to plan anything that you're supposed to walk around on unless you can do it smoothly.

I know about standing, but not about walking on a moving vehicle, online.

Comment

You can walk on vehicles while they are moving but due to the small size of most of them it is very hard.

Comment

Go play AS-Junkyard on a good assault server and you will see that it is very easy to walk around on a vehicle. You can sit on a hostile hellbender and run circles around the skymine turret so it can't hit you, while you pump the truck full of flak...

The faster your vehicle moves, the more chance there is that someone will fall off, or that a lag spike will drag you off.

Comment

Working...
              X