Program for Uncompiling a .U file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks I'll keep working on it, hopefully it will work, so far it hasnt. I cant run the rpogram but no new file is made. :-(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You got most of it right so far.
    In the Ini file add this line in

[Editor.EditorEngine]
    EditPackages=*******

******* is the folder you made with the folder classes in it.

To compile just use UCC as mentioned.

========
    have you tried:

http://www.acordero.org/projects/utpt/

it even uncompiles U file with source ripped from it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok so lets see if I got this down.

I make a folder with the name I want the .u file to be called. But without the .u being added right?

Then inside that folder I add another folder called "classes" then I put all the files into that folder.

Then I edit the .ini file and add the name of the folder? Do I add the name with a .u or just the foldername by itself, because none of the others in the .ini file have the extension?

Then run UCC make.

This should recompile all the files into the .u file I wanted?

Thanks,

Lt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it's in your UT2004\System\ folder

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i know this is n00bish of me ill accept the being yelled at but from what ive read of these forums i think ive found that UCC is a program i need to unpack .u files if this is so (if not tell me what it is) where can i download it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it is recommended to make a backup before delete

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you got to put the files in <ufilename>\Classes\ ,
    add a new like "ServerPackages=<ufilename>.u"
    then delete the <ufilename>.u in UT2004\System\
    and run: ucc make

but it is not said it will compile, as decompilation is not allways fully performed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I used the command but its not working it goes through the batch but doesnt make my new file.

When I uncompiled the uc files I put them in a folder called new. Then I edited the .ini file to have editpackage New, but its not creating it. I am not sure how to structure the files so it can make the .u file. I am trying wit hthe tutorials, but they seem to leave a few things out.

THanks for the help, So far I was able to uncompile shouldnt be long before I can recompile it again. I apreciate the help/

Lt

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In order to compile the file, you need ALL the script files it refers to, then make sure the packages used are listed in UT2004.ini (iin the edit packagaes seciton), then UCC make

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok that worked and I thank you for the command. Now a question I am trying to recompile the file, but Umake wont let me and the command I was using for UCC wasnt doing anything or should I say compiling anything. I figure the structure extracted should be the sam compiled? Is there a simple way to compile it back after uncompiling it?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    may be just try

ucc batchexport engine.u Class uc <destination_directory>

no, it do not decompile everything (some special things are droped) but if it is just to take some inspiration, this would be sufficient

beware of language, if you have installed UT in french, it will drop "vrai" instead of "true" ( vrij in dutch and so on...)

and if you recompile vrai on an english platform, it is assumed as "false"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks,

I was speaking of me modding other games and never hearing you cant modify a mod for personal use. lol

But anyway now you know it just for my use, I wouldnt want someone to take my work and release as their own.

Thanks again,

I look around but there isnt many tutorials that show HOW to UNPACK a .u file many for compiling one.

What systax would I use if I was going to unpack lets say BMRGuns.u

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You never said anything about "for personal use only"

and it doesn't matter if you mod a lot of other games. (many wrongs don't make a right).

and using `ucc batchexport ....` is the best way to export the code from the package

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FOR MY OWN USE IS WRONG? lol I never heard that before and I do mod other games just not this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ask the authors of that mod, any other way is just wrong

Leave a comment:

Working...
X