Program for Uncompiling a .U file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've tried no one seems to want to help. I have fumbled my way finding all kinds of mutators that I needed and finally found.

There is this mod called Blue Moon Rising which is a mod not just a mutator and they have a pistol in it, since I could find any other mutators that had a pistol I could use. lol But they have a reload after 12 rounds. The only problem is the Bots one click fire again to have the clip automatically reload, so they think its empty. lol

So what I wanted to do is decompile the weapons .u file and remove the reload feature. Pretty small and pathetic I know but I am a total noob with UT04.

Maybe you could help with my other problem that I CANT find that anyone has made yet. And that is a mutator that allows classes or allows you to specify which BOT or player uses what weapon on spawning. I notice the Bots behave better without pickups in the game and listen to orders more.

Thanks for the help, your a swell person! :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lt1956
    the UCC command looks complicated and mainly for compiling. Is there ANY programs that can decompile beside just compiling?
    FFS did you even read what I posted?

Originally posted by Hsoolien
    You can decompile .u files with UCC and it's export commandlet
    And looks compilcated? then your in the wrong forum bub.

Now that we have estabilsed that UCC EXPORTS/DECOMPILES as well as compiling.

Now then, as for the source code, you need any source code the mutator might refernce to because the compiler needs this informatin to compile a file, infact the OOP nature of UScript you have all the parent source of any given object, as well as any objects they refer to.

That all said, you can ues UEd to open a compile .u's.... It's not reccomedned for the same reasons you don't export the main.u's, UEd does not allow you to edit all default properties, and does not even see some classes

However you say this is someone elses's Mutator? Maybe you should contact them about addin your ammo option rather then just altering it yourself

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is no simple program just to stake a mutators .u file and open it up so I can change the ammo rate then recompile it?

the UCC command looks complicated and mainly for compiling. Is there ANY programs that can decompile beside just compiling?

Thanks

Source doesnt do me any good as I want to open a mutator .u file.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can decompile .u files with UCC and it's export commandlet, however I reccomend picking up the latest code drop here:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/USCRIPTDownload

As export does not export some classes, or certain default properties

And yes I know 3339 is the most current here and the latest patch is 3355, but the only changes made to Uscript in the newest patch (as far as I can tell) relate to the Cicada HUD, so it's 99% the same and will work for 99% of anything you want to do (unless your' subclassing Cicadas.. .but you can always use UCC to export OnslaughtBP)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Program for Uncompiling a .U file?

Program for Uncompiling a .U file?

Hello,

I have this mutator that someone made and I wanted to change the Pistol ammo to no reloads, BUT I have found SO much information on COMPILING AND Editing script BUT nothing on how to take an Existing .u file and UNcompile it?

Is there a program or command where I can take a specific .u file and UNPACK IT?

Thanks in advance. I have looked around and oculdnt find that questioned answered. Noobs always find new problems. lol
Working...
X