Compile error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Never mind, I figured out what the problem was.I had the ChaosUT package listed after my package in the .ini file.

Nothing I read said anything about the ordering of the packages being a factor. As a beginner, I keep getting tripped up by things that tutorials expect you to already know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ^::B!G-A::
    isnt ChaosUT a user mod? not accessable from ut because the directory is UT2004\ChaosUT\System not UT2004\System
    It looks like it has some things in another directory, but some parts of it do work with plain UT, and it has .u files in the UT2004/System directory. What I actually did was export the classes from that one and recompile ChaosUT just to make sure that it worked, and everything came out fine. And the class I'm working on now compiled and worked in-game when I was using UED.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    isnt ChaosUT a user mod? not accessable from ut because the directory is UT2004\ChaosUT\System not UT2004\System

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Compile error

Compile error

Well, I got UDE as per the suggestion of everyone who I've talked to about coding. When I was using UED, these classes all compiled with no problems. I spent all my free time today figuring out the causes of and fixing compile errors.

I'm stuck on this one, and I don't know what to do about it:

Error: C:\UT2004\SGOMPX\Classes\SGOMPX.uc(8) : Error, Unrecognized type 'LaserDot'

What I was trying to do is add the laser dot from the ChaosUT sniper rifle to a different weapon. The laser dot is part of the ChaosUT package, but everything used to compile without a problem in UED.

I looked on UnrealWiki, and it had this to say:

"The class, enum or struct you wanted to use is not declared or not visible from this point. Also check for typos."

I don't know what they mean by 'not declared or not visible from this point,' or how to fix such a thing. Can anyone help?
Working...
X