New editor buttons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New editor buttons.

THIS IS THE FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD. gg take that forum bug.

The first thread I made about this was awhile ago, but it's gotten pruned. Just wanted to post it again for anyone who didn't get them the first time around. I made 4 custom UEd buttons for a few commands I use all the time but don't want to have to go through menus to get at.

TEXTURE SCALE TIMES TWO
    TEXTURE SCALE DIVIDE BY TWO
    TRANSFORM PERMANENTLY
    STAT RENDER

If it doesn't work try pasting the info in the readme in both UEd.ini AND DefUnrealed.ini. Have fun!

http://angelmapper.com/UEdButtons.zip

Intelligent Texture scale

Choose 'Texture Pan', Ctrl+LBM+RBM and move mouse Up/Down

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus-R
      Intelligent Texture scale
      wtf is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Does the custom transform button do like you can just drag out corners with the LMB? If so, YEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

(its great anyway, gonna try it now!!!)

Comment

No, it does a Transform Permanently on the selected brush. It was more useful in UT1 when having stretched out brushes caused them to act funny when you tried to rotate them. I use it a lot in 2k3 when the red builder brush sometimes disappears from the viewports if you have it stretched out a lot.

Comment

Aah ok!
            Well that great too because it happens to me alot

Your next mission is to make a transform tool that lets you drag out the sides of a brush without going into the vertex tool

(J/K but it would be soo great )

Again very gj!

Comment

Hmm how do you do that?

Is there a list of commands somewhere too?

Ive never really messed with all that before heh.

I would love a duplicate button :O

Comment

There's a button next to the Command: box that looks like a notepad, that's the log. If you look in there while you do stuff you'll see the command UEd is giving the engine (same thing as typing 'god' ingame). If you just put that command into the UEd.ini file like mine do, and make your own icon, you can make custom buttons for a lot of different actions. ^_^

Comment

Ahh i see now hehe, i didnt dl yours cause i dont use those commands much heh, but i got it now thanks

You are a angel :O

Comment

Yey i have a duplicate button :P

Comment

duplicate is easier as a hotkey. ctrl W. that simple. lots of hotkeys for UED, learn them and use them.

gj angel, but too late for me ive pretty much gotten used to doing any bsp work with the F5 menu open, lol.

Comment

Yeah i have meant to learn the hot keys and things but im lazy lol...

Comment

Working...
                        X