Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesh Corrupts Animations

First, you should be using Physique really anyway

Which of the mercs did you rig your mesh to? I'll hazard a guess and say the Remus/Romulus model? There seems to be an error with that one that causes the problem you describe, I've had it myself. Try rigging to the Torch model instead, maybe that'll fix it.

I'm just gonna edit this now and say WTF? Guess the forum still has that bug that causes posts to appear infront of the post they were answering then

Mesh Corrupts Animations

I made a character model, skinned it, rigged it to the Merc skeleton, exported it with ActorX, and imported into a UT2003 animation package. The problem is that whenever the mesh animates, the animations are slightly corrupted. The feet slide around on the floor and the animations dont run much of the time ingame. The weird thing is that I tried just importing it into the default UT2003 Merc package and using the skeleton right there, but it still corrupts all the animations even though I didn't even import any animation data! If I switch back to a default mesh its fine, but when my mesh is used the feet slide around and it looks odd.

I tried using the physique modifier instead of skin, no good.

Has anyone heard of this error? How do I fix it?

Comment

I tested rigging it with Physique but that didn't fix it. I'll try rigging it to the torch model now, but that means I have to reset all the vertex weights. Aaaaah, hours of work lost!

Skin is a lot simpler and calculates faster, plus there is nothing in Physique that is not in Skin that I need anyways.

I was wondering how you somehow seem to have posted before me...

Comment

Well, whatever works best for you I like Physique personally.

And I'm not sure why it keeps putting my replies at the top of the thread, I've just bugged Pezman about it so hopefully he can sort it out

Comment

Yay, it appears to have worked witht the Torch model, though now I have to re-rig him. Arg!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X