Seamless texture plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seamless texture plugin?

Can anyone reccomend a good one for Photoshop 7? I have a couple but they dont actually do a good job. Can someone reccomend the best one to use? thanx!

I don't know good one for photoshop. But there is on very nice for 3ds max (and maya) : DarkTree. All you need to do is make square polygon in max, set material to darktree texture and render this face to texture (dont forget mapping coords)
    To make seamless texture from normal one im photoshop i'm using >Filter> Other > Offset. and "clone stamp tool".

Comment

d00d~
      divide yer texture into 4 squares.
      put the bottom on the top & the top on the bottom.
      put the left on the right & the right on the left.
      clean up the seams in the middle.
      it should tile nicely.

need a diagram?

-=sneak

Comment

The Offset filter does all the dividing for you, so you only need to clean up the seams. :up:

Comment

**** you, saviour.. i wanted him to work for it.
          can't just go around giving away all the good info. :sour:

you are a bad man.

-=sneak

Comment

Thanks guys. However i already know how to do it that way. But that method makes textures to look mirrored, which, in real life doesnt occur in most things:P Plus it usually gives a diamond effect in the center. Anyway ive found the plugin i used to use. what it does is takes the opposite edges, and you can slide them in as far as you like, then you can use the plugin to blend the seams. Works very well. Its basically like your method but only mirrors the edges and does all the seam blending for you

Comment

Care to share with the rest of the class?

Comment

Oooops, was gonna find the link again and post it, but i got sidetracked. Sorry. BRB with a link...................

Comment

Here's the link....

http://www.redfieldplugins.com/Downloads.htm

Download the RedfieldPlugins.exe 7 filters package!

Comment

Working...
                  X