ut2003 editor help >.<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut2003 editor help >.<

i am having alot of trouble selecting walls and floors and such in ut editor. is this common? i have read many tutorials about making a cube, then subtracting it, then how to texture it. Almost all of the tutorials say "just click on the surface/wall, and it will turn blue" well i clicked on the wall and it didn't turn blue. i have tried control left click/right click, alt left/right click, and still cannot select a surface. Oddly, when i press shift S, everything is selected, and then i can texture, but that is the only way i can get anything selected in uteditor so far. my ut editor build is 2003-04-07_17.42. is there an update to this build, or has anyone else had these types of problems with selecting walls. Everyone says just click them, and i try and nothing turns blue, i even tried moving the brushes out of the way too and i still can't select them. any help will be good. dunno if it matters or not, but i have an ati card, and a dual xeon setup.

1. Use the "search" feature of this forum next time. :up:
    The following link is a search result from a search, using the words..."can't+select"
    http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...der=descending

2. You'll notice a few of the search results are similar to yours. After further reading you'll notice that the replies say that...you should "disable your video card's anti-aliasing".

Welcome to the community!

Comment

arigato! thx man.

Comment

To this day I've never questioned why you cannot select things in the editor if you have AA enabled. But now I'm curious.... anyone know why it does this?

Comment

because the editor is weak, lol.

FSAA is an advanced filter that "blurs" polygon edges. the editor uses these edges to try and see what youre clicking on. when you get lots of filtering effects going, it becomes difficult for the editor to tell. 3dsmax can do it, and im sure its possible for the editor to do it as well.

however, i dont think this will be high on epics bug fix list. reason is, the editor bogs down most computers anyway, as it doesnt run the map the same way the game does. and adding fsaa on to this will make it even slower. in other words, its a good idea to have fsaa off anyway when working in a 3d program, so why should they fix this one?

but who knows, maybe they will. or maybe if you e-mail mr vogel and nag him he will see what he can come up with. hes pretty nice, at would at least tell you why he wont fix it, lol. maybe he doesnt think its a big deal. you can make a thread about it in the troubleshooting forum, and PM him the link and he will have a look.

Comment

Hehe thanks for the reply ^^ I always have AA off anyhows

Comment

Working...
            X