Corpse decorations in maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corpse decorations in maps?

Hi, I'm making a map I would like to have corpse decorations in. In UT1 they had some I could place in my maps, but I see no placable ones in ut2003.
    1. is there a way to place ut2003 models as corpse decorations? (besides making custom static meshes from the 3dmax UT2003 models)
    2. If so, is there a way to make the limbs/body posable in the editor too?
    3. can I make them shootable to spew blood and eventually gib like the corpse bodies in UT1?

I made a static mesh body/corpse posed with 3dsmax using ut2003 skeletalal system, but I want a few other different corpse bodies for some variety, but I dont want to eat up my polygon/memory budget having to make different static meshes.

any suggestions?
    anyone?

i think there are some bodies & parts in that map with the hole in the middle.
    You know.. the one where the dude is behind the glass.
    There should be some dead dudes in there at the bottom.

i think.. :bulb:

-=sneak

Comment

thanks for the tip> yes- they are pre-included corpses, albeit just plain static meshes DE posed and imported similar to what ive done allready with my corpse, so I guess If they had to do it that way then Ill probably have to make separate static meshes for every differing corpse too...****. unless anyone has any other ideas...

Comment

check out the rag doll VTM at 3dbuzz.com

they show you how to add Karma actors to your level, which includes pawns. I saw Jason hang some bodies from a chain that was attached to a moving fan, pretty freakin funny too.

Comment

do you have a more direct link? I can never find anything at that **** site

Comment

You need to register at 3DBuzz first, then go to the Downloads section and then the Unreal Technology section. The VTM is UT2003 Game Design Issue 7.

Comment

AHH! thanks for the info.

Comment

No problem dood. Enjoy, they are top notch tutorials those VTM's. All hail King Busby!

Comment

are those perhaps the same tutorials that will be on DVD2 of ut2004 SE ??

Comment

From what i hear those tut's on the dvd's will be stuff we havent seen yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X