Custom voice pack is too quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom voice pack is too quiet

I have just made my first custom voicepack.

When I first made it, it was far too quiet to be heard in the game. So I went back and juiced up the volume in the .wav files BIG time. Now they are the loudest friggin .wav files I've ever heard. Way off the scale, booming, massive sounds. They ware way louder than regular .wav files. They clip on every singly audio editing program, and they cannot be made louder at all without destroying them with distortion. They are WAY loud sounds, OK, I just want to make that clear (so please, nobody say "try editing the wav files to make them loud enough"). They are very very VERY loud wavs.

But here's the thing. I took these unbelievably LOUD .wav files (did I mention they are really loud?), and created the voice pack again. OK, back in the game, and huh? They are still really really quiet! All the other standard voice packs are several times louder. I don't get it, what gives? These wav files cannot be amplified, they are already massively clipping and starting to distort. All the other custom voices I have downloaded are loud as well, with no distortion at all. What's the secret? All you people who make custom wavs must know the answer to this one by now. Care to share with a first-timer? How can I make a wav file twice as loud as any editing software will allow? I will happily email you the voicepack.

Any help would be... well, helpful!

bump... anyone?

Comment

what program are you using to make the voice pack,i use ut2k4 voice packager and on the first page bottom left there is a option to boost the sound called transient volume i set it to 3 even though it says max is 1.Also what programm did you use and how did you boost the wav files with it

Comment

Ah... HA! Yes, transient volume, there it is, and it worked!

Thank you for that. Now I need t make the voice pack again with wavs that aren't so loud and distorted.

Thanks again.

Comment

Glad i could help.you can get my voice packs on my website

http://www.brucedunton.com/VoicePacks.html

Comment

Working...
          X