Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it flat (Terrain)

Hello folks,

when i making a terrain, is there a possibility to make it flat again with kind of terrain tools...for example i would like to make part of the terrain just flat: no hils, no mountains...
    I would not like to change the heightmap or something else, i would just like to correct the terrain a little you know...is there a tool or something like that ?

Thanks

I have the same problem. When you screw something up, there's no way to undo it.

Making it flat again would be great.

Comment

So you dont know how to do it, or is there no way ?

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/EditingTerrainMaps

Comment

Nice :up:
          But does the smoothing and the flatting tool only work with 16 bit heightmaps?

That would explan why it doesn't seem to work on my terrain.

Comment

I don't even think you can use 8-bit heightmaps anymore? the right click to 16 bit option must've been an older version of the engine because I can't do it...

with the flatten tool keep in mind that whatever vertex you have selected...it'll flatten to that height...so where that red dot is...it'll flatten the terrain inside the circle to that height...

another thing to watch out for is when you want to make physical changes to the terrain...make sure the heightmap is selected (terrain tab...click the heightmap)...say you're painting textures to the terrain...find soemthing that needs to be smoothed...you click the smooth tool and it doesn't do anything...that's because you still have the layer selected and not the heightmap...

for me the terrain editor was a mess...but once I got into it more...it all seemed really logical and extremely easy to use...

Comment

Thanks all, ive got it.

Comment

Originally posted by PointlesS
                I don't even think you can use 8-bit heightmaps anymore? the right click to 16 bit option must've been an older version of the engine because I can't do it...

with the flatten tool keep in mind that whatever vertex you have selected...it'll flatten to that height...so where that red dot is...it'll flatten the terrain inside the circle to that height...

another thing to watch out for is when you want to make physical changes to the terrain...make sure the heightmap is selected (terrain tab...click the heightmap)...say you're painting textures to the terrain...find soemthing that needs to be smoothed...you click the smooth tool and it doesn't do anything...that's because you still have the layer selected and not the heightmap...

for me the terrain editor was a mess...but once I got into it more...it all seemed really logical and extremely easy to use...
                Very helpfull info. Thanks m8!

Comment

Working...
                X