my stupid error wid danm maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my stupid error wid danm maps

ok i followed this tutorial and it worked fine the 1st time but i dint like the size of the room it was like 512x512x512 witch is 2 small so i decided 2 make bigger ( i mean bigger like 1024x1024x1024 ) and it dint seem to work wen i tested the level i was in pitch black and all my stuff was jerking around ect...! plz plz help me !! thx

did you add lights and click build all?

Comment

yes i did and it still dont work it pitch black and its still saying loading and everything,like wen i change wepon my old wepon is like still there

Comment

I think you're in a Hall of Mirrors (HOM), which probably means your player start is OUTSIDE of you room. Move it inside.

Also, did you delete the old 512x512x512 room, and use Substract to create the new 1024x1024x1024 room?

Comment

dont think i remade the leve it self like subtract it ect.. and it looks right wher my char starts right inside ill take piccy if it helps?

Comment

Yeah, post a Pic of the editor and ingame, that might help.

Some questions that might help:
            - You're SURE the Player Start is INSIDE your room ?(Check the Up/Front/Side views also, to see it's not above your room)
            - You added a LIGHT
            - You did a REBUILD ALL
            - The Walls have a TEXTURE (by texture I don't mean the default bubbly thing, add texture by selecting one in the texture browser and SHIFT-clicking om the wall)

Comment

ok heres my map look all walls have texture and build all
              and ect.. lighting

heres ingame theres me switching a gun it goes all dodgy

Comment

This is a Hall of Mirror (HOM) for sure.

Plz post a pic of the full editor window.

I think you Added the 1024x1024x1024 room, while you need to Substract it.

That, or your player start is outside the room.

You need to think of the unreal world as a big block of solid concrete, where you have to "cut" out the rooms and shapes.

Comment

heres the map editor i also get this error wen i click build all
                  plz help!

Comment

Looks like you have probably subtracted the room and then added a couple of antiportals using the same brush.

press B to hide the red builder brush.

If any visible brush is orangey/brown its an antiportal, select and delete it. continue until you are left with a yellow brush...rebuild.

finally, possibly pay a tad bit more attention to the tutorial and what you are doing

Comment

thx so much ur legend it works!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                        Looks like you have probably subtracted the room and then added a couple of antiportals using the same brush.

press B to hide the red builder brush.

If any visible brush is orangey/brown its an antiportal, select and delete it. continue until you are left with a yellow brush...rebuild.

finally, possibly pay a tad bit more attention to the tutorial and what you are doing
                        What he said.:haha::up:

Comment

Working...
                        X