DDS plugin for Gimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDS plugin for Gimp

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know where i can download the DDS plugin for Gimp?

I found the source, but I don't know much about compiling it, and the Photoshop plugin doesn't work right with Gimp.

Anyone?
    Or did you all have too much easter eggs?

Comment

as with other aspects of Gimp development, the plugin's available open source files probably need compiling into a binary executable (or other form "regular" users can use) to function. until the site mentions availability of a binary, unless you know how to compile the source code and have the 'wares to do it, you can't use the plugin. if a binary is available it would more than likely be mentioned at the site where you found the source files.

also be aware that if the binary(ies) are not yet available, then the code is likely still very much under development and may be not be deemed "stable" once compiled. this is not uncommon with open source software.

Comment

I found the source, on the nVidia site. I just need to know how to compile it. So if anyone knows of a precomiled win32 version, that would be great!

Comment

I found it!

Gimp DDS plugin PRECOMPILED for Win32

Comment

the readme on that precomp describes it as a "NormalMap" plugin. how does that make it suitable for DDS import/export?

Comment

Originally posted by chipV2
              the readme on that precomp describes it as a "NormalMap" plugin. how does that make it suitable for DDS import/export?
              I don't know, I was happy I found anything at all.

I installed the thing, but I still can't open .dds files.

Hmm, maybe Gimp is just too complex for me.

Comment

Working...
              X