photoshop woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photoshop woes

I am trying tomake the intro shots for my maps.

photoshop keeps mucking up my photos.
    I end up with white bars around the photo, whatsup with this?

I think you could better ask that on a Photoshop/GFX forum.
    Also, you're bieng kinda vague.

Comment

sry

Basically I go into phot shop. load up the photo. resize it to 256 x 512, as an 8 bit bitmap. the save again.
      I go into UED and import it into the mylevel texture package. and it comes up with white bars on the sides, kind of like the black bars you get in a widescreen movie on your tv. But these are on the sides.

Comment

2k3/4? If so, you don't need to save it as 8 bit. Get the DDS plugin here and save it as a DDS file:
        http://developer.nvidia.com/object/n...ure_tools.html

(There's also plugins for Windows Explorer).

Comment

sry

its in 2K4.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
            2k3/4? If so, you don't need to save it as 8 bit. Get the DDS plugin here and save it as a DDS file:
            http://developer.nvidia.com/object/n...ure_tools.html

(There's also plugins for Windows Explorer).
            Wow. That might be a bit overboard for just a levelshot (BMP or TGA would do, no need for all the other DDS stuff, the UEd compression would work fine), but.. For other textures and stuff, yeah, would still be handy. And the only thing I've found that UT2k4 likes 8 bit for is the loading splasheroonie screen..

Dicky B (just an opinion, not like *I* don't go overboard at every other opportunity)

Comment

Well, saving it as DDS makes it a smaller file size, and the Photoshop plugin has better compression than UnrealEd. I don't see how it's going overboard. :bored:

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/LevelPr...n_Shot_Preview

:up:

Comment

do the white bars show up in the UEd Texture browser or just in the level preview screen (map select menu)? from what you've said so far i'm assuming that there are no such bars in the file you save from photoshop, which means it's likely not an issue with photoshop saving the file, regardless of the saved file type.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                    Well, saving it as DDS makes it a smaller file size, and the Photoshop plugin has better compression than UnrealEd. I don't see how it's going overboard. :bored:
                    Just really no awesome reason for importing from DDS for that particular texture, though. It doesn't even need mipmaps or anything. :/ (and if you have the shot, don't have the DDS pluggy, then going online to find and get that, then install, blah blah blah.. ) Of course, everyone importing textures to UEd *should already* have the plugs, but...

Dicky B (no worries, it's just me)

Comment

Use DDS, or TGA as an alternative. BMP tends to react buggy with Ued IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X