Changing Color of Textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Color of Textures?

Is it possible to change the color of textures without exporting them and changing them outside the editor?

Yes it is, you need a "combiner" material with your texture victim, and a "constant color" material, and set it to multiply (usually).

When using a combiner with a mask has anyone ever found that the underlaying material is unlit, or becomes unlit ingame when a decals are on it?

Comment

Could you explain how to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Krizdom
        Yes it is, you need a "combiner" material with your texture victim, and a "constant color" material, and set it to multiply (usually).

When using a combiner with a mask has anyone ever found that the underlaying material is unlit, or becomes unlit ingame when a decals are on it?
        That would work, but multiply tends to make things darker, which can lead to undesired results in some instances. But if it does what you need it to, by all means use it.

You could also create a ColourModifier material and adjust the texture's colours with that. I've found it turns out pretty decent if you tweak the RGB values just right.

It sounds like you're new to the texture browser. I recommend you read this: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/MaterialTutorial

Comment

Well, I've almost got it, I've created what I want to use, but I can't figure out how to apply it to the mesh or change the ColorModifier to a Texture so I can apply it that way, how do I apply the ColorModifier I made to the static mesh?

Comment

go to the propertys of the sm, go to display, then click on skin, click on add, then select your texture, and click on skin[0], then click on use (if the sm uses more skins, and you wanna change an other, or all, add another skinn and use the texture on this one, if you keep the skin on none it keeps the default skin)

Comment

Hmm...Well it didn't work when I tried the first time but when I restarted it worked fine...thanks for the advice and thanks a lot for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X