Unwrapping with maya possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwrapping with maya possible?

Excuse this if this is a newb question but is there some way to unwrap the UVs in maya. If there isn't can someone point me to a maya ple 5.0 plug-in that can. I would be extremely grateful.

Goto Tutorials/Modeling/Polygon Texturing , in that Tutorial it'll show you how to Layout your UVs.

Comment

It works a little but it doesn't let me save the uv map out. Is there a way to export maya modles to max modles so i can use their uv maps or is there a better way in maya.

Comment

When you've layed out your uv's to your satisfaction (use the really good video tutorial from sandorski's link above to figure out how), go to Polygons -> UV snapshot in order to save your UV's out. Note that in maya PLE you will have a maximum uv texture size output (or it has a watermark.. I can't remember which), so if you want simply printscreen it and paste it into your editor and cut out the UV shot there.

edit: sorry if the image is too big, for some reason I can't get shot tags to work =\

Comment

Originally posted by Z3n
          When you've layed out your uv's to your satisfaction (use the really good video tutorial from sandorski's link above to figure out how), go to Polygons -> UV snapshot in order to save your UV's out. Note that in maya PLE you will have a maximum uv texture size output (or it has a watermark.. I can't remember which), so if you want simply printscreen it and paste it into your editor and cut out the UV shot there.

edit: sorry if the image is too big, for some reason I can't get shot tags to work =\
          It's both a size limit(1024x768--IIRC) and a Watermark. Neither limitation is much of a problem as you can resize it in Photoshop(or whatever app used) and hide the Watermark before saving the Texture.

Just one more thing, be sure to save it out as TGA or some other Image format recognized by Photoshop(or whatever Paint app used).

Comment

Okay I can now texture it so it looks good in maya however when I import it into the unrealed The texture isn't rewrapped properly. Also one of the textures won't import at all into unrealed.

Comment

Nevermind I found out the problem maya and unrealed have is that unrealeds unwraper recongnizer is upside down. All I do is flip the unwrapped texture and import it into unrealed it works great thanks everybody for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X