Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

importing textures, static meshes, sounds, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing textures, static meshes, sounds, etc.

how do you import them properly? i used the import and stuff to import my textures, it says completed, but when i try loading the thing, my textures aren't there! what am i doing wrong?

Are your textures the exact sizes required?
    Textures must be (pixel) sizes such as 16x16, 64x64, 1024x1024 etc. Powers of two. I believe you can also use sizes like 32x128, but I have never had tried. Just don't use a image (pixel) size 15x53 or some size that isn't a factor of two. The smallest I use is 16x16.
    16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,etc. I would seriously consider WHY you would need a texture that is any larger than that.

Comment

For Textures, you also have to have the correct file format. The editor supports .bmp, .pcx, .tga, dds, and .upt files. I have only imported .bmp/. tga files because I am not familiar with textures enough. My friend made me some .tga files (32 bit) with an alpha channel and they worked just fine. You can read more about it here .

2. For Static meshes, I know that .ase files and the editor shows .lwo files are able to be imported. With the Maye PLE 5.0 that comes with the game (I have the DVD edition), they have a plug in that allows you to import directly into the editor. It's best to find tutorials on which program you are using.

3. For Sounds, it will allow you to import wavs, but I don't know the properties it must have (sample rate, stereo/mono).

Comment

3. 22khz 16bit mono

Comment

Working...
        X