Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zaney Camera Flips

All,
    After watching Angel-M's famous machinema's I figured I'd start learning the tools. Overall it's been pretty easy thus far but ran into something.

When using Camera_Interpolation, I found that between two of my cameras, the view would do a 360° turn instead of a smooth 90° turn. I also had another one that turned upside down, and 360°!

I have resolved these for now by changing to look target, but was curious how to resolve the above situation...

the interp points support winding... meaning between one keyframe and another you can have as many turns as you want in any direction.

the best way to fix it is paste the rotation values from the key you just finished to the key you are going to next and then rotate it in the proper direction from there.

Comment

WOW an answer from the man himself!

I inspected the yaw/roll/pitch values under CamOrientation and they are 0 in both sub-actions. The only other angles I saw that I could copy/enter are the Start/End control point angles...which shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Comment

i mean edit the values of the interpolation actors themselves that are placed in the level... not in matinee

Comment

Duh, I should've understood that! Thanks for knocking some sense into me.

Tried it, works great..of course! Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X