Terrain won't show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain won't show up

I have been following a couple of tuts on terrain and I must be doing something wrong because the terrain won't show up in the editor.
    1. Subtract the cube
    2. Add zoneinfo and set to bterrain true, increase ambient light
    3. create new terrain in the terrain building tool
    4. Add a layer with a texture and rebuild.

When I rebuild all I see in the window is the zoneinfo and terrain info actors. I am above the terrain info so thats not the problem. I have been through this procedure several times with the same result HELP!

Paint the Texture onto the Layer.

Comment

Not sure what you mean.

Comment

Select the Layer, then select Paint. Paint the Texture on by holding the CTRL button and LMB/drag.

Comment

For the first layer you need to set the alpha fill to white.

Comment

i had a similar problem to this, but mine was from making a quicksand pit. but it had to do with the fact that i had the editor open for about 5 hours before hand, and my comp was slowly crashing. but if the alpha layer is white, you wont have to paint it on, it will show up automaticly.

Comment

Gotit!

Thanks sandorski, that did it. Wonder why they leave that step out of the tuts? The tuts I looked at seem to imply that the terrain magically appears when add the layer. Or maybe I missed that step....whatever, I painted it as you suggested and BAM there it is!!!

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Gotit!

Originally posted by gladrich
                Thanks sandorski, that did it. Wonder why they leave that step out of the tuts? The tuts I looked at seem to imply that the terrain magically appears when add the layer. Or maybe I missed that step....whatever, I painted it as you suggested and BAM there it is!!!

Thanks.
                Angel_Mapper posted what needs to be done with the first Layer. Basically when you set it up you told it to be Invisible, where you should have told it to be Visible. That said, make sure you make your next Layers Invisible as well, so you don't waste time Erasing Textures. The Tut you did may have missed that tidbit of valuable info, the problem with many Tuts.

Comment

Working...
                X